Monday, January 14, 2013

A Day In Skyrim With A Blind Maiden

After falling asleep in the fores, I awoke in the same forest; or so I thought.
It wasn't long until I met another person, a woman by the name of Icosa.

"Uhm...hell-o" I said, the social aspect of life still being a bit fuzzy after the revival.

"Hello stranger, I am Icosa, I assume by the color of your skin that you are a fellow nord?" She said.

"Nord, ehm not sure. Who are you?"

"Surely you must've heard tales of Icosa, the dragonborn?!"

"No, I don't recall... I'm not from around here appearantly"

"Oh a traveler then, where are you from?"

"United Kingdoms"

"Huh, never heard of it. A new place outside of Tamriel?"

Suddenly it clicked, it was like a puzzle piece in the puzzle that is my entire past had been put in. It wasn't a big piece, but it was something. This was Tamriel, the continent in the Elder Scrolls games that I used to play all the time.

I remember playing Skyrim just when it came out & this, Icosa was the character I created, a blind female nord.

This obviously seemed like a challenge, probably because either Malachai or the Worm know how much I love fantasy, I shall expect more challenges like this.

In the distance I could hear a roar that seemed to be approaching us. I knew right away from my gaming what it was, a dragon; an Elder Dragon to be exact.

The majestical creature landed right in front of us & roared.

"Hold it, stand back" Icosa said.

She was exactly like I had pictured her to be in person, a blind person with hightened senses like smell & sound.

Malachai would be proud of my next move, I took out a gun I had & shot one of its wings, putting holes in the it's thin wing skin. It wasn't happy about that.

I had no idea what my level or stat was, if I even qualified as a character. I was unsure if I was in the game itself or this was some kind of illusion, but I figured firing a gun at it would hurt it.

"What is that?"

"It's a firearm that shoots steel nuggets" I said, trying to explain in a manner she would understand.

Our chit-chat about guns was cut short when we had to dodge the firebreath of the dragon. I yelled out "bloody hell" in pain as my right foot didn't make it & was burned by the fire. Icosa also barely made it, but was better off.

She gave me a couple of steel daggers, which I tried throwing at it, which had almost no result. Next thing I know, I aimed my gun at the creature before me & shot the dragon right in the eye. It started to roar in agony and flailing about.

Icosa took the oppurtunity to take her orcish hammer and bury the spike end into its skull, which she didn't succeed at until she did it again and again.

It died after about 5 minutes of Icosa just hammering at it and turned into a skeleton shortly after. But instead of the soul & power of the dragon going into Icosa, it went into me.

I could feel the heartbeat of the dragon as the cold soul slipped through my mouth and into my body, it was uncomfortable to say the least.

"So you're a dragonborn" She said, most likely confused as to why I got the soul.

"I don't think so"

"What are you then?"

"Don't know to be honest!"

"Huh"

"Anyway, all this fighting has made me hungry"

"You barely did anything." She said and chuckled "Come on, Riften is not far from here, we'll eat and rest at the inn"

The way to Riften was quiet. There weren't any monsters or anything & the only sound made was from the birds and me limping forward, cursing every now and then because of the pain. My foot was alright, it just had fourth degree burns on it and every step hurt.

At the inn I ate some meat, treated my leg with some ointment they had there & finally went into my room, which Icosa kindly enough paid.

It was kind of an exhausting day, but at least it was a simple challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment