Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Johto, We Hardly Knew Ye!

I woke up again in another location. I was in some kind of cabin, as I woke up I heard a bunch of noises coming from outside my room. Of course like a gullible idiot I assumed I was still in Skyrim, but the Worm would not be satisfied with that, now would he?

I found a backpack in my room, it had water, some food(of course snack bars, the Worm is really having a good laugh at my expense isn't he?) & to my surprise...a Pokeball.

I was in the world of Pokemon, which really didn't surprise me. Because technically it is a fantasy world & I did play it.

Wait...I remember me playing Pokemon, I played them when I was 14

I walked outside, only to be greeted by a bunch of pokemons & trainers walking around. It was rather irritating to behold, but at this point I had gotten used to anything.

I figured by the presence of Nurse Joy that I was in the Pokemon Center.
It wasn't long until someone approached me, as usual. But this time I recognized the figure, it was Jack; the guy who landed me in this whole thing in the first place.

"Hello James" He said and walked with me like we were having a pleasant conversation.

"What do you want Jack, I'm sort of in a middle of a challenge, thanks to you"

"Oh I know and I feel dreadfully sorry. It wasn't me you know, it was that crazy girlfriend of yours, Ivory."

"Yeah, I guess..."  I said as we walked outside.

Jack snapped his fingers & suddenly we were in one of those pokemon arenas. There was no crowd, just me & Jack at the opposite sides of the battle field.

"You know James, I can make all this suffering dissappear. No more tournaments, no more fears, just good ol' life as a journalist. All you have to do is take my deal. If you beat me in battle, I will set you free."

I looked at Jack, unsure about it. I think I have learned that dealing with Jack is no good, but that offer was really tempting.


"Really?" I asked.

"Would I lie?"

Of course he would, thats like his trade or something, but on the off chance that I would win, this offer was too good to leave to maybes.

"I accept"

Jack smirked, not the best sign in the world.

"Alright, I have given you a pokemon, it was in your backpack from earlier"

I took out the pokeball & threw it on the ground, a beam of light revealed...Unown.
To say I was in awe of what a lousy pokemon I got was beyond me.
Those of you who don't know what Unown is, it's this thing. I got the 'A' form.

Jack threw his pokeball in the air and as it landed and the beams came out it revealed some sort of weird ghost thing.

"What is that?" I yelled, as I was startled.

"It's a MissingNo, ghost form"

Missingno, if I remember correctly it was a glitch pokemon from pokemon yellow. I felt so cheated, at this moment I realized how screwed up my life would become if I lost this match. I knew that it was probably the most important pokemon battle of my life! If I'd lose this, god knows what would happen.
All these thoughts crossed through my mind as I stared at Jack & that freak of nature Missingno.

I remember having an Unown, just like before it all came back to me, game-wise. Unown only has one move; "Hidden Power", that move is not good at all since its type is dependable on in-game stats and such, unless I'd be in the anime world.

"Unown use hidden power" I yelled.

It used an attack, but as Missingno is type ???, it had no effect.
I was finished, this just kept going round and round. I'd attack to no avail & then that ghost thing would come & attack with Sky attack. Appearantly Missingno knows Sky attack.

I lost, it didn't even take long. Served me right for trusting Jack,.

"Well James...guess you're out of luck"

I was on my knees, angry at my foolishness and his trickery. I got up and punched him in the face.

"Don't do that to good ol' Jack, we had a deal!"

"What happens now?"

"You owe me one, simple as that"

"R-Really?"

"Yeah, in fact I'm gonna cash that one in right now" He said and snapped his fingers.

Everything went dark, I blacked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment